Pages

Thursday 26 September 2013

BIG HAIR!

Lots of people ask me how I get big hair, and I had a special request from a few people to show you how I do it so here's my secrets.

and I LOVE my big hair, it's a complete obsession. My hairstyle hero at the moment is Victoria HB for always having big, but smooth and gorgeous hair.
 
I have thin, limb, boring hair so it's a daily battle to make it look decent but I've practiced a lot and I think I do a pretty good job! People think making your hair huge is difficult and takes time, but here's my way of getting big hair in the mornings without wasting any time. So here it is...



 
STEP 1. Wash your hair and condition as normal. I use TIGI Headshot hydrating shampoo, but this has been discontinued (sob!) so any moisturising shampoo and conditioner will do. You've got to look after those locks.


STEP 2. Use these products!
 

TIGI Bed Head Superstar Queen for a Day Thickening Spray and TIGI Bed Head Superstar Blowdry Lotion - this two miracle products dramatically make it so your hair miraculously thickens and plumps.

Comb your damp hair and spray on the thickening spray, then apply a bit of the blowdry lotion into the roots, crown and mid-lengths. Again comb through. If you have REALLY thin hair, you can also put a tiny bit of mousse at your roots, but I've never needed it and I don't like product overload.

STEP 3. Dry you hair - if you have a fringe, dry this first, then turn your head upside-down and blast it with the hairdryer until it's completely dry.

STEP 4. Now put in the most stylish rollers known to man. The ones I use are 80mm velcro rollers (usually blue) and I have about 12 of them (I couldnt' fit anymore on my head!). You can get these anywhere.
 
 
 
Put in these huge rollers while your hair is still hot from the hairdryer, starting at the crown, section off a 2 inch bit of hair which is the same width as the roller, roll into your hair and pin in if you need to. Then blast your hair with a hot hairdryer, and put your makeup on as you wait for your hair to cool down.
 
STEP 5: Pull out the rollers and get volumising!
Once you've applied your makeup, take out the rollers. After these steps, your hair might be bouncey and volumous enough for your taste, if so - thanks for joining me on this journey. If you crave bigger hair like me, read on!
 
 
 

STEP 6: Backcombing
 
Next, section off a line of hair under your crown and backcomb it. Backcombing has to be done carefully, and apparently if you do it right, it shouldn't actually damage the hair at all. So pick up this section into the air, and then comb the bottom 2 or 3 inches down against the scalp firmly, in gentle but firm movements about 2 or 3 times. Remember the smaller the section, the bigger your hair will turn out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
happy hair do-ing!!
 
Let fabfitfun know how it turns out by tweeting some pictures to @fabbfitfun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think